Forums

Regarding Avicus

For those of you who are unaware, The Avicus Network - a server who shared our competitive spirit - will be closing down on the 25th of January. We know all too well the feeling of having a server that we've invested countless hours into suddenly disappear. Therefore we sympathise with the community of Avicus and we would like to offer you all a new home. We understand that this may be a surprise, as Avicus and Overcast/Stratus have been seen as competitors in the past, however, we would like to welcome any members in with open arms.

In order to help the community through this transition, we will be offering any Avicus donators a free rank trial here on Stratus. The length of this trial will depend on what rank you currently have on Avicus. The full list can be found below:

Iron - 1 week trial 

Gold - 2 week trial 

Emerald - 3 week trial 

Diamond - 4 week trial 

Bedrock - 5 week trial 

We hope that this trial will help you settle into Stratus.

Furthermore, you will be able to purchase any of our ranks for a 20% discount during your trial period. This discount will also be applicable if you already have an Avicus and a Stratus rank and wish to upgrade, as long you request access for the trial rank.

We will be taking requests for these trial ranks from on a separate request post. Just create a reply to the thread with a link to your avicus.net profile, and you will be added to the list. The first batch of trial ranks will be applied on the 1st of January throughout the day. Any requests made after the 31st of December. will be added when we can, but we will try to do it as soon as possible. Please note that any off topic posts on this thread that are not requests will be removed and you may be punished accordingly.

We will also not be entertaining any requests where your Avicus rank is on a different account to the one you wish to have the Stratus trial rank applied - these requests will be removed and ignored.

The trial rank will be given a special prefix (light blue star ★) in game, you can identify fellow Avicus community members who are under the trial with a light blue coloured star.

Now onto the Stratus community. We are fully aware that some of you dislike Avicus, but you need to be welcoming throughout this process. We will say this once - fighting and being unwelcome to new members of the community will not be tolerated, and you WILL be punished. This is the only warning given for the situation. Whether you like Avicus or not, you need to understand that it is most likely not these donors and community members that are the reason you dislike Avicus.

Lastly, we plan on bringing a few of Avicus’ most popular maps to Stratus and incorporating them into our rotations over the coming weeks! If you are an Avicus mapmaker and would like to see your maps played on Stratus, either make a submission in our submission forums or contact one of the admins! You can also go to resourcepile and submit your map there.

We hope that any Avicus players who wish to come to Stratus, will be welcomed by the community.

Regards,

– Stratus Network Administration

Join our Discord to stay up to date on Stratus: https://discord.me/stratus

I only played on the server once, I gotten bored of the map I was playing. Maybe I should've given them another chance. What happened to the server?

Huh, neat. Nice to see you guys doing this

one more reason to play here. Love you guys!

Good stuff right there

c:

As I said before, I dislike Avicus due to the bad copycat it was, but thats it, I have no problem with their comunity so I'd love to get the members of their comunity here, they are welcome!

Really nice idea.

----------
Hope some avicus players can have fun over here :)