Forums

World Cup Thread

For discussion of the ongoing World Cup.

Which teams are you supporting? Which underdogs do you think will go far in the tournament? How bad will England be this time?

i want argentina to win tbh, ik their team is bad af but still i think messi deserves it, but honestly i don't see that from happening

Argentina, then Portugal,vthen Spain,vthen Germany, then iceland

The Iceland team is hilarious. They are all friends who all have regular jobs and had to get time off work so they could play in the World Cup. And they managed to hold Argentina to a 1-1 tie.

I'm actually skipping school tommorow to watch the matches.

Argentina even though with that defence and midfield plus Sampaoli's horrible lineups i doubt Messi will be able to carry them.
I think Spain is the team that is playing better football rn so for me they are favourites.

Spain were one of my favorites to win it before the tournament, but with all the Lopetegui drama I'm not sure how they'll adapt. Great game against Portugal however.

unrelated: I'm strongly supporting Germany this world cup, but I was very disappointed at their performance against Mexico. Khedira was truly awful and I think Löw should've brought him off much sooner for Goretzka or Rudy. Same could be said for Draxler. I still think Die Mannschaft can go quite far in the tournament, but something has to change with that midfield.

Kinda want Russia and Iceland to do well as they are massive underdogs and obv supporting England cos I’m English

supporting England

im sorry

I'm supporting Croatia all the way baby!

Chile didn't qualify unfortunately, but i think that Brazil is the most favorite to win World Cup.
:(

Who should play alongside Messi? Paulo Dybala, Gonzalo Higuain, or Sergio Aguero?