Forums

Announcing Stratus UHC [BETA]

UHC

After a bunch of hard work from the devs, UHC is finally coming to Stratus! This will be the first gamemode we will be releasing that will be separate from Project Ares (however we're still using PGM to run it).

BETA

Before mentioning anything else, it's important to preface that these first few public games will be a BETA. This means that unexpected bugs may occur while playing. While there has been a ton of internal testing for bug fixes, these were only done with small groups (up to 15 players). If there are any bugs that you find while playing, please report them on our github issue tracker. If you have any feedback or ideas, feel free to post them in the feedback thread. Once we are satisfied with how the UHC's run, it will be released as version 1.0.

----------

Features

There are several features that were added to make UHC as enjoyable as possible:

Rejoining: If you are disconnected from a match, don't worry! You have 4 relogs/a total (between all relogs) of 3 minutes you can be offline. However, if you rejoin more than 4 times or offline for longer than 3 minutes you will die and all of your equipment will be put in a chest where you die.

Borders: Custom world borders will be used during UHC. The borders consist of a 3 tall bedrock wall that surrounds the playing field. If you get too close to it, red stained glass will also appear above and below to display where the region ends. If the border shrinks while you're still in it, you will be teleported relative to how far you were before it shrank. Alerts will appear in chat periodically to remind you when the border is going to be shrinking.

Golden Heads: When a player dies, their head will spawn on a fence that can be crafted into a golden head (like a golden apple with a head instead).

Scoreboard: The UHC scoreboard will display the time that has passed, the amount of kills you have gotten, the amount of players left, and the size of the border.

Vanilla+: For all UHC's that we host, Vanilla+ will be the default. This scenario doubles the chances of apples dropping from leaves and flint dropping from gravel.

Custom world generation: Jungle and ocean biomes have been removed from generation and have been replaced with plains. Dungeon spawn rates have also been increased.

Grace period: At the beginning of the match, players will be given a 10 minute grace period where they can not interact with other players. There will also be a final heal after 5 minutes.

Upcoming Features

While these features won't be ready for the beta, we hope to implement them for the official release:

Scenarios: In the future, the devs will be working on different scenarios and implementing them similar to how mutations are handled. This will allow UHC Hosts to smoothly enable/disable them.

More customized worlds: Tweaks like increasing cave generation, editing ore spawns and changing the world height will be considered.

Teams: Being able to play 2, 3 and 4 team matches using a party system.

Stats: For the beta, no stats will be tracked. Once UHC is officially released, we plan to track kills and UHC wins which would be displayed on a player profiles and on a UHC leaderboard.

Schedule

At the time being, UHC matches will be hosted once or twice a week, either on Saturday or Sunday (or sometimes both). We will announce the match times beforehand and open up player joining half an hour before for premium users and 15 minutes for non-premium.

Rules

These rules only apply to UHC matches and will be enforced during the beta, however, no punishments will be given (if you break network-wide rules, you will still be punished accordingly):

No strip mining: You are not allowed to strip mine below y=32 unless you are following a noise. You are allowed to rollercoaster (staircasing from y=32 to y=0 then back up).

Pillaring: No pillaring in a 50 block radius of 0,0.

Hiding: Once the border shrinks to a 50 block radius, you are not allowed to hide (you must engage in combat).

iPVP: Attacking another player with lava, flint n steel, etc. is not allowed during the grace period.

can i ask for the reasoning of this? is this to expand the network to a wider playerbase? i mean what are the intentions
because in my opinion i think you guys should focus on mastering pgm to its full potential because there could be networks who do uhc better than you, but i would like to hear why you did this

Nobody could have thought this would happen lol

Very cool very good

ok im coming back for this