Forums

Suggestions - Oct 2018

Hi gamers

After coming back to Stratus I see some things that in my opinion need to be resolved, a lot of these seem minor but will improve player bases big time.

Overall/Website

• Add a mute system, the a 7 day ban/perm ban for being toxic is one of the dumbest things you guys could do. Obviously Stratus is a team-based server, so the only way mutes would work is if when you opened up chat it showed you a selection of #s. For example - 1) They're in the wool!, then upon typing 1 it would send that out. This means that you can continue to play while muted and also still communicate.

• Add more gizmos and cosmetics and allow them to be used in observers. Rewards people more for paying and getting these things.

• More badges/achievements to the trophy case, if you add different badges people will try to collect them and that will lead to more people playing. This can range from "Cap 50 Wools!" to "Play a Full Day!" to "Get 2 80+ Shots in 30 seconds!" It creates something for people to achieve and will be more than just having a "Sign Me Up!" and "Sapper"

• Push the Stratus Bow Records as that is also another thing to get more people to play, seeing your name next to the Top 1 is enough for people to play more.

• Add a Scrim tab under events, people could do [ASAP] or a date [Oct 20]

• Option to see more decimals in the K/D and K/K ratio because sometimes it rounds up.

UHC

• Add games to the Reddit calendar, make sure to follow the rules and you'll get 20~50 more players

• Open host applications, you could get more UHCs played if you had more active hosts like xCand 

• Health in tab and/or health above name, every fight is random which I guess is supposed to be more intense... In reality it just makes it more risky and less tactical, everyone bowspams because they don't know the health of their opponents.

• Personally I would make border a little smaller, I p sure it's 1500x1500 and it really should be 1000x1000

• You should do a Staff UHC to also build more interest in UHC (also content creators, refs, etc...)

5CP

• You show flag caps, show points captured as well, you can do 100% of Red Last or 32% of Mid based on how much they captured.

Events

• I can't stress this enough, do monthly events! A lot of people don't get to play maps they want and continued monthly events could really contribute to that. Also if it's monthly you can host it on Mixed and it will be more common knowledge than just saying "Rage/Blitz event in 15 mins". You could do Friday Nights, Saturdays, and Sundays. That's three days every week, so twelve days total. For example: You could do TNT maps for an hour on the first Friday, then Rage maps on Saturday, and Blitz on Sunday. This is the change I want to see implemented the most as then people can get what they want on a regular basis.

Blitz/Rage

• Load these maps as TDMs only and then set them with mutations in events, then people can set them without people being excluded later on.

That's all I can think of for the time being.

The 5CP one is already implemented in scrims, you can see how much they captured on the point, same with CTF lol. It's nothing to be fixed there.

I'm talking about in Objectives.

Ah my bad
but flags are alrdy shown btw

"You show flag caps, show points captured as well"

This guy right here is a smart cookie good stuff lucas

Only going to respond to Overall/Website because don't have time to address each point.

Add a mute system, the a 7 day ban/perm ban for being toxic is one of the dumbest things you guys could do.

I'm not against a mute system for toxic players, however if we look at who is being toxic it's usually the same group of competitive dipshits wonderful individuals, they're usually doing it for one of the two following reasons:

• They have a generally negative outlook on the server, for whatever reason
  • They feel like they aren't getting attention from the staff, or are being cast as outsiders

So given the fact that a lot of this problem is localized to those issues, I'd want to focus on them in tandem with considering a mute system, because just coming up with another form of punishment won't necessarily rectify the core causes of the originating issue.

Add more gizmos and cosmetics and allow them to be used in observers.

I actually just mentioned this last Saturday in Discord to Luigi, glad you touched on it I thought it was an interesting idea, would really like to see it happen.

Let’s have an actual good production team for events lol. There’s so many improvements for viewer quality during tournaments and match coverage. From being a ref and livestreamer, I have observed that stratus is pretty ill-prepared for events, (livestreamers/ref shortage, bad servers, etc.). Get more active tourney staff team and a production team that consists of more than 2 people at a time.