Forums

AMA Picajoluna

Hey everyone,

I figured it'd be time to make one of these. A little about about me:

I'm a 19 year old college student in the US, am French, and have been a long time member of the OCN community since 2012 after a school friend of mine introduced me to the network in November. They stopped playing, but I couldn't; if it weren't for the lovely community and friends I've made here, I'd probably stop playing alltogether.

I don't have a huge competitive past as I've been a referee for many years. I started out on a team Shawnn  made many years ago (2013?) called Implosion. I can't recall if I ever actually competed in a tourney with Implosion, but I recall scrimming with them, and it was a good time.
From there I founded my own team, Eclipse. We had a fun tourney in RoTH, after which I got tired of leading, passed tbe team on to Hivlik, and joined RedstoneVEVO's team Chance. Chance was a blast, I met some fun people and has some awesome scrims/times.
I was also involved in the French community some, and I believe I joined Orpheus for a month or two. Same thing, had a good time, scrimmed some, met some fun folks. Then I believe I began reffing as of QoTW/KoTW and I've helped ref on and off ever since. The reason I'd ref was because I was in high school and didn't want to devote too much time to MC, so reffing was a nice way to stay in touch with the competitive scene.

I've lately been playing for the Rubber Ducks, specifically in the last tm, FMC. It's been a lot of fun, and I'd say we took our games seriously but really just enjoyed being in a call together in some really good matches versus some dope teams. I'd say we really went at FMC with the intent to go as far as possible, but never to compromise our values. Great team spirit. I think RD has also been a great way for me tontouch base again with the comp scene here and figure out what's hoppin' and what people are talking about. I've been really thrilled to meet some really friendly and active folks lately on teams like Ducks, Walrus, Triskel, Horizon, Doobers, and others.

I think I became a mod towards the end of this spring, and have been helping as official since Incrediwools (is that right? I'm awful with dates).

So that's about where I'm at. My shoe size is 44 and I may not answer opinion questions if I don't think I know you well enough; don't take offense, just trying to be respectful.

Pleasure :-)

So how did you learn French? Were you originally from France?

I've always lived in France yep. My dad's French, Mom is American, and I speak some solid Frenglish with my siblings/family at home. I'm bilingual/bicultural, however you wanna call it. I've also always attended your standard public French schools (until now!). I'm currently learning German and am thinking of going to live and study there after my education... Berlin is one heck of a place :o

• Favorite food?

• Least favorite vegetable?

• Favorite sports team?

• Would you rather eat two oatmeal raisin cookies or one chocolate chip cookie?

• Are you doing anything for Thanksgiving while you're in the USA?

• Biggest regret? (Minecraft or real life, either's fine)

• Where does your username come from?

• Opinion on me if you have one?

Opinion?

Nice auze won't come here, you've already said your shoe size.

Probably duck 😋

Hm turnip or beats, not sure. I am a fan of cauliflower ans borccoli though. Brussel sprouts are often bitter so not a fan, unless they're actually sweet in which case I'm all for it

Hm it's gotta be the French rugby team, I love watching rugby.

Definitely the oatmeal raisin cookies; feels healthier and 2 > 1 :) plus the chocolate chip cookie would have to have peanut butter in it.

Yep spending it with some relatives I have here

Hm I wonder what I would've been like had I started dancing ballet at age 4 or something (not that I dance ballet now).

Username. Kinda private/personal, but essentially a combination of the letters in names from my family members. Kinda odd I know but my dad helped me pick it way back when I think, and "pica" just kinda stuck so here I am now

I can't say I know you too well but I'm glad you decided to make your own team and have it successfully compete in the last TM, which is no small feat (having been there I know it can be tough to get your own team up and rolling). So props for that :+1:

Yeah I went for the ninja hehe

I'd like to get to know you better fulanito. You've seemed like a chill dude who's up for scrims / hanging out with folks whenever you're around and that's cool!

opinion as a person

opinion as a player

favorite album

favorite tournament played

does rockaror have a thick girlfriend

What's up?

Favorite songs at the moment?

What games did you play a lot as a child?

Favorite games?

What advice would you give to everybody?

What's something you'll never forget?

Goals in life?

Korean you can be a funny toxic boi when you want but it's always with good intentions and I know you're a good kid deep down in there somewhere ;) You like to have a good laugh, especially in tense moments which is really nice. I don't know a ton about your play but you're definitely good, at sword especially, and your coms are super solid when you aren't yelling about random stuff. I do think you should be aware that your actions have some big repercussions on the comp scene here: you're a good, well-known and well-liked player which also comes with responsibility and means you have a bigger say thank you think on how you want to help shape/define comp MC. Would love to play some more with ya. And I don't owe you shit but feel free to keep yelling at me about ciro :3

Fearless by Taylor Swift

I haven't played in a ton as you can see nut FMC was honestly loads of fun, would do it again.

Pretty sure rockaror died in a car crash :8ball: