Forums

Stratus Status #8, 2018-12-03

Hello everyone! Welcome to the eighth issue of Stratus Status, the official biweekly newsletter. Are you interested in recent network changes and what the community has been up to? If so, read on to stay up-to-date about all things Stratus!

Development News

Custom death messages have been updated! This is a result of the thread made 3 months ago where we asked for new death screen messages. As Crazy_  said, some things came up which delayed this, but it's finally here. Check out his thread for more information.

Operation Ares has received a significant number of updates by ALM  over the last two weeks. These are the most relevant updates, so keep in mind that some changes were not listed:

• Added map proto support. All maps now require proto 2.0.0.

• The game tag is now required for all maps. Currently it only supports CTW.

• Facets (known as modules in PGM) can now load data from the world. This means we can add something like loading kits from spawn chests.

• The concept of “servers” is going away. Users will now join “matches” which can happen anywhere.

• Added region parsing.

• Add multi-world support for rounds (known as matches in PGM). This was done for the nether in UHC, but it was intentionally done in a very generic way so in the future we could support game types which use multiple worlds.

• Added a way to send map errors to map developers

New Maps

These past two weeks were a bit more calm in terms of new maps:

The discussion for the next rotation update is still open! Read mitchiii 's update.

Primed Community Event

This past Saturday, the staff team gave a glimpse of a new community event we hope to pursue further and host more regularly. The idea is to have a set map theme each time, as shown with this Primed-styled event. If you have any ideas of specific themes you'd like to see in the future, or if you have any feedback from last Saturday, let us know! We want to try and make this event awesome for you, the community.

Staff News

Map developer applications

have closed as of December 1st. Thanks to everyone who applied!

Community Spotlight

awesomemangoes

wants to know what your opinion is on the new Minecraft textures. Do you like them? Will you update? Check out their thread.

Biweekly Question

Now that December is here, we wanted to ask: What's your favourite christmas song? Embed it in your comment with [youtube: video-id].

That's all for this time!

Thanks for reading this week's issue. See you all next time!

A full list of past issues can be found on our profile page, and if you have any feedback about Stratus Status please let us know below.

You asked for Operation Ares news, and here they are. Thanks for your feedback! Aside from that, I'll share my favourite christmas song, obviously it had to be All I want for Christmas is you, from Mariah Carey.

Watch me play it during Christmas