Forums

[CTW - TE] Mo Bamba

enter image description here

By Ny_ , DivineWolv , and Subir 

Album - Download - XML

Latest Update

v1.2 - Reduced overall amount of islands; Spaced all islands further apart; Made all islands less deep (7-8 blocks -> 4-5 blocks); Split mid into 2 smaller islands; Made side islands higher than mid; Lowered both wool rooms; Made spawn iron regenerate.

• -

About

Mo Bamba is an 8v8 Capture the Wool map, made for the upcoming tournament. Each team has a front wool and a back wool. The back wool has one entrance and a short lane leading up to it, similar to the wools on Deepwind Jungle. The front wool is more difficult to defend and defenders will have to be very alert, as it's attackable from 2 sides. I anticipate teams will be more likely to try attacking the front wools from in front, either flat-bridging or sky-bridging there.

Since my initial version of the map, there are now several islands around mid where teams could realistically meet, however the large mid island still remains the focal point of the map. There is a golden apple spawner in the very middle of mid. The rest of the map is left pretty open; players can bridge basically anywhere to allow for a variety of offensive strategies.

Please give your feedback - I'm excited to see this tested out and I'll keep making tweaks to the map as we see how the gameplay works out.

• -

Updates

• v1.0
    • Initial Release
  • v1.1
    • Added another island near mid to make mid control less OP, Combined a couple small islands, Moved back front wool, Put both wool rooms on small hills, Split spawn into 2 exits, Split first island into two with a bridge, Significantly expanded size of mid island.

v1.2
      • Reduced overall amount of islands; Spaced all islands further apart; Made all islands less deep (7-8 blocks -> 4-5 blocks); Split mid into 2 smaller islands; Made side islands higher than mid; Lowered both wool rooms; Made spawn iron regenerate.

My first impression is that there is so much void (maybe you should add a couple of islands with something like arrows or "special" items such as potions or extra kit) and that the front wool will most likely be left undefended. Sooner or later a team will eventually get it, it looks too hard to defend and quite easy to rush. Not sure how you could fix that to be honest.

where's mo bamba though?

Bamba II: mo' bamba

Can u contribute Sheck Wes for name

going straight to hell with this name

I be ballin' like my nigga Mo

Change name to sicko mode

THe wool with the more void around it will hardly be offended by ground, but rather a big ass sky that is likely to come from that side / mid. the surface around this wool facing the enemy side is way too small to build a proper defense, especially not defend against a skybridge. i dont think extending that surface will fix the problem, so i would recommend adding another island over there

That will help the defenders but also the wool to be rushable by ground with connection to middle, but then the wool might be too close to the mid / island (that i suggested) so might need to move it back a bit or do something like this:

At last, as someone who hopefully will participate in this tourney (and in case this map is intended "TE" for this tourney), i would like to see different and creative aspects of maps, especially ctw which has been played so much to the point where its hard for me to find interest in maps because they pretty much all play the same way. As of now, this current layout, even with the changes i suggested above (the changes i suggested are for balancing, not changing the gameplay), i can imagine the map playing the same way as other maps as i see nothing unique or something that stands out, correct me if im wrong. Try to think of creative stuff to make the gameplay different and interesting, if you need some more suggestions as to how to do that i can help since ive got some ideas in mind.

gl