Forums

Some server ideas

Well, since the server barely reaches 100 people I’ll come up with some new ideas.

Add duels: Duels with elo is something most people like to play, since it doesn’t take so long and people try to reach top 1.

UHCs: Having UHCs often is something that might bring UHCers to the server, since there is not an UHC-based server anymore.

Skywars: Everyone has played skywars and everyone likes to play it from time to time.

Bring YouTubers: OCN became famous because of minecraft youtubers, stratus could try to bring some youtubers in order to increase the number of players.

Merge with another server: Minemen is something most stratus players play, but it doesn’t really happen the other way around, since most of them don’t understand how the server works.

Keep in touch with the community: Since we are the ones making this server stay alive, listen to our requests, otherwise we will eventually leave.

There are some ideas, if you come up with new ones make sure to share it in this post.

Cheers.

Add duels: Good idea, it would make the server more competitive, not only focusing on scrimmages 24/7, sometimes you just want to grind and reach that #1 spot, it happened on kohi with the leaderboards, so an elo system with an OCN kit ladder would be great!

UHCs: I agree, the UHC's we have are really successful, and a lot of players join, i think we need to advertise it more as another server feature to bring the UHC players

Skywars: Really popular gamemode and I really like the idea to bring it to stratus, but i dont know if it will be possible with the server lag issues / private servers / etc. Maybe in the future when the server has a bigger budget

Bring YouTubers: True! The way new servers grow is by paying youtubers a certain amount of money (depending on their sub count) to advertise the server. vYuri has made some great server trailers, so maybe we can ask him to make one not for a tourney but for the server in general, and maybe contact some youtubers to promote it, youtubers we can afford (not 500k - 1M subs youtubers or anything like that, unless they want to)

Merge with another server: I dont really think merging is a good idea, but if it ever happens it has to be with a server with similar gamemodes, and i really dont see a server with as many players as stratus that has its gamemodes

Keep in touch with the community: i really agree with what you said

te kiero moratysha

Everything is a good idea but, this can not be competitive without an anticheat. On the other hand the content creators do not come here because of the focus / harassment of the community.

In addition and it is not long for the new plugin to arrive (that is rumored).Something that must be created / added to innovate is the team league system.

AntiCheat: They should add BAC since many use Badlion Client https://client.badlion.net/

Se te quiere Morata no mueras xc

I personally hate duels so I'm biased so I won't say anything here

More UHCs could be fun yep

I don't think Skywars is needed, it's already a very popular gamemode, and Hypixel already does it with loads of people playing it there. There isn't a need for it and Stratus is unique with its different PvP gamemodes. Skywars is regular and not needed. And it can't be open 24/7 as a seperate server from mixed, there aren't enough players to sustain both. And it can't be on rots for the same reason Blitz can't be, once people can't respawn and are in spectators, they want to leave, and players don't stay through. Maybe it could be an event like UHC but it's just such a quick game that there's no point. You could join and die in literally 5 seconds sometimes. I'm not totally against Skywars as a gamemode but it just doesn't need to be added to Stratus.

Youtubers would definitely help tremendously, lots of people wouldn't have found out about OCN if it weren't for them. I'm not sure how to attract YouTubers in, but that would help

I would be very skeptical of a merge with another server, overall it would be risky, it might gain players, it might lose players. I don't think it's worth it.

They are keeping in touch with the community, but they have to be careful about it. Some people just whine about everything, or talk about how half the server is cheating, or how knockback is super broken, and it's just not true or not that simple. Not everything the community says is the right way to do things, there's a reason that staff is staff and they aren't. That being said, the community does need to be taken into account because without them the server doesn't exist, but I think they're handling it well.

When it comes to community I prefer a community which is not toxic better. There is people trying to record the weirdest clips from everyone in the server in order to get them banned. Also I think there was a huge difference in OCN, and it was non-competitive players who played public for fun. Now the community is competitive-based which is good, but when scrimming time comes, public is empty, private servers are full.

If everyone supported each other (for example in youtube videos) it would be way better. An example of a good video with a ton of dislikes out of nowhere id lordblox’s scrimmage montage #2. Leaving feedback is good as long as it is given to improve the content from the creator.

If you don’t like a video, just point out the things that could be done better, instead of leaving a dislike and shit talking.

Stratus type duels. With ladders such as

Cannon 1v1

Skybridge 1v1

Wool 1v1 Bo3 (One guy has wool stuff and the other doesnt, then next match this is switched around, and third match both have wool stuff as a Tie Breaker)

Generical conquest 1v1

Rage 1v1 First to get 5 kills wins

All of the above with 2v2 and 3v3 variations except for cannons.

omg plz make it happen

Contacting YouTubers is something we've discussed, but there's a few things we want to work out. First and foremost, we want to ensure our servers are running to the best they can. As I'm sure everyone's noticed, they aren't always perfect, and the last thing we'd want is to make a big advertising push and have the servers crash due to the amount of players trying to join and/or a terrible experience caused by the performance of the servers for new players.

Secondly, we want to tackle ways of improving new player retention. Siceth  brought this up in Discord fairly recently, and it's a great point. He observed that while we have a decent chunk of new players every day, only a fraction of them stick around. We need to focus on ways of improving our new player retention rate if we want to ensure that the maximum percentage of players drawn in through a video stick around (you even mentioned players from Minemen don't play much Stratus because they don't understand it).

Something I want to work on is creating and implementing some form of tutorials for new players who are interested in the server and want to learn how it works to read/watch. I think that it'll help reduce the learning curve for new players.

whats the point of saying if staff just dont do anything in-game, all the new features are just stupid coding things that no one cares about

imo keeping DTC/TNT gamemodes out will help keeping players, in public all i do is make full dia and go on the enemy base and killfarm, its not fun at all to PLAY AGAINST. I feel like one thing "Ranked" will do that nobody usually talks about, but I think it positively splits the community (new to more experienced players) so that new players don't get pub stomped then quit.