Signups for Into the Gamemodes close in 9 days

Hello everyone!

Some of you may remember the old OCNotifier chrome extension that used to notify you when your favorite maps was being played on the Overcast Network. The extension no longer works BUT I revived it by making it compatible with the Stratus Network under the name StratusNotifier!

Is it free?

Yes it is but unfortunately it wasn't free for me to make it available for Google Chrome users: If you like the extension please consider donating to me for the long hours that I spent on the rework of the extension wink: paypal.me/unixfox

How do I install it on my browser?

I made the extension available for the most popular browsers:

I'm sorry Safari users or others browsers users the technology that I use it's not compatible with others browsers and would require a complete rework of the extension.

I found a bug or a feature is missing, how do I report it?

You can report it on my project's GitHub page: https://github.com/stratusnotifier/WebExtension/issues/new if you have a GitHub account, or reply to this post.

How does the extension look like?

Can I view the source code of this extension?

Sure just like old OCNotifier extension the source code is also available here: https://github.com/stratusnotifier/WebExtension and if you want to check out the behind the extension (the backend) it's available too here: https://github.com/stratusnotifier/API.

While you are at it I would appreciate if you click on the star button of the project's GitHub smiley.

==========================================================================

I hope you will like the extension please don't forget to leave a feedback and rate it on the extension page (Chrome web store or Firefox Add-ons)!

Wow! Keep working on this great content.

Why dont you guys hire this guy as an unofficial dev lmao

Why dont you guys hire this guy as an unofficial dev lmao

Rockaror 7 days ago

I doubt they "hire" people per say

quality, maybe a feature showing all maps in rots

This is actually pretty cool, thanks a lot unixfox! :)

I dont like you cuz you are toxic as fuck sometimes but good job on this and the unixbox bot

why unixfox isnt a stratus developer????????

@jmb6g What do you mean by that, if you are talking about displaying the maps of the current rot it's already available on my first project: Stratus Network Monitoring. But if you are talking about classifying maps on the "select maps" section of the extension it's a good idea, I'll add that to my idea box.

@Eudaldca @auze @omniox @jmb6g @Pibo @aresitu Thank you all of you for your feedback smiley.

@Rau1 Thank you for your kind words, I appreciate your honesty.

@Rockaror @neeq Haha you made me smile smile.

yo make this guy administrator

Hey this is awesome, it's cool that you got this old tool working again.

I can't quite remember how it worked back then, I seem to recall it pinged maps on the map page every x minutes? Does it still do that? Will the tool automatically update when a new map is added to the repo?

Hey this is awesome, it's cool that you got this old tool working again.

I can't quite remember how it worked back then, I seem to recall it pinged maps on the map page every x minutes? Does it still do that? Will the tool automatically update when a new map is added to the repo?

Crazy_ 6 days ago

I don't really know how the backend of the old OCNotifier worked because it isn't open source, I had to "reverse engineered" the behavior of the web extension to make the API of the StratusNotifier extension.

Currently the update of the map list is manually because there is not really often new map and I'm still searching for the ideal solution to automate that task without adding strain on the StratusNetwork website. The main issue is that the map list of the stratus network server is only available on the website, I've no easy way to detect new map added to the server whereas for the rotation it's available on github. (No I won't parse every stratus status for new map smile)

And about how the extension know which map is playing, I parse the HTML of the play page every 10 seconds. I could get the current map playing on the server by connecting the extension to unixbot but I didn't want to add a big dependency on it because if my bot goes offline the web extension too.

Really nice work, thanks for sending me the Beta. I'm super happy to have this back in my life :)

Small bug, but the notification that comes up says (at least on MacOS) "Players: 30/32 players" which is redundant.

edit: Pinned cactus

I don't really know how the backend of the old OCNotifier worked because it isn't open source, I had to "reverse engineered" the behavior of the web extension to make the API of the StratusNotifier extension.

Currently the update of the map list is manually because there is not really often new map and I'm still searching for the ideal solution to automate that task without adding strain on the StratusNetwork website. The main issue is that the map list of the stratus network server is only available on the website, I've no easy way to detect new map added to the server whereas for the rotation it's available on github. (No I won't parse every stratus status for new map smile)

And about how the extension know which map is playing, I parse the HTML of the play page every 10 seconds. I could get the current map playing on the server by connecting the extension to unixbot but I didn't want to add a big dependency on it because if my bot goes offline the web extension too.

unixfox 6 days ago

So you'll manually update the list every couple of weeks/months?

ayyyyy nice work, I like this

So you'll manually update the list every couple of weeks/months?

Crazy_ 6 days ago

I will try to remember to run the update script at every stratus status until I found the ideal solution (or if the official Operation Ares API comes before I found the solution smile).

Don't worry it won't be like this forever, I still have improvement to do with the map fetching. Related to that I've to find that weird bug where some maps are missing: https://github.com/stratusnotifier/API/issues/1

===============

@amactus Thank you it's added to my todo list: https://github.com/stratusnotifier/API/issues/3

===============

@Diabolicx Thank you smiley