Forums

Is this bad sportsmanship?

Let's supposed, it's an event with group stage for seeding, or to qualify to other stage, or playoffs, whatever.

You are on the last match/round, if you win, you are gonna matchup the potencial "best team" on the first round of next stage, but if you lose you don't face that team until the second round, and maybe never if they got disqualified against other team on first round.

That should be consider bad sportsmanship? or it's just another possible strategy.

Please this is just an example don't consider that you need evidence, just think about this, you know that, one team lost on purpose to get a better/easiest matchup, and maybe other team don't qualify on the next stage because this "trick".

This shouldn't be consider bad sportmanship unless the other team start trolling their next match-up, what a non toxic team ''would'' do is probably putting their worst roster to give play time and rest their best players, I consider this a legit strategy but depends on how the team execute it...

I don’t think it is but I’m almost all situations a better seed insures you face an easier team in the beginning rounds, so this example would never happen. Too your point though, in ITG tournament my team sometimes threw ping bomb matches because it gave us an advantage

well i think the best way to actually get through with this idea is to just go easy on them, like instead of just acting full rarted it'd just look better to try and actually play the game and throw on purpose or play the least competent line up, p sure this has happened on OCN tournaments before but people did not notice it as much

Por supuesto. Debemos dar lo mejor de nosotros mismos en cada minuto y cada segundo de cada partida. A mí ni se me pasan por la cabeza actos tan despreciables. Saludos!

Yea throwing is rly bad don’t do it