Forums

Rate These Gamemodes!

I'm curious to see how people feel about gamemodes/minigames outside of OCN, our community has come from a lot of different servers, so I thought it would be interesting to see their opinions. I get that people have very different ideas of what some gamemodes are, but if it really is completely different I'll add it to the list.

List so far:

• Project Ares

• MCSG

• ArenaPvP

• UHC

• Skywars

• KitPvP

• Skyblock

• HCF

• Mega Walls

• BedWars

• Prison

(may change if people suggest other gamemodes)

My opinion:

Project Ares: 9/10 Generally fun, but without things like PUGs and Competitive it gets very stale. That being said it's the only thing keeping me from quitting.

MCSG: 7/10 Easily replayable, but everyone is scared of dying.

ArenaPvP: 8.5/10 Really fun unless you actually care about ELO, grinding to 2k Build UHC tilted me off planet Earth when was 12 (still am)

UHC: 9/10 Enough scenario variety to play over and over game, also decently luck based which is great

Skywars: 5.5/10 Literally unplayable unless you're playing with someone else and it's 2+ am

KitPvP: 2/10 Already bored of this in 2013

Skyblock: 1/10 ??? Just play survival

HCF: 6/10 Fun for a good week until PainfulPvP invis raids your base, and posts the video, and you and your friend look like clowns, true story (https://youtu.be/oc0gx6YQyqs)

Mega Walls: 2/10 Never understood the point of it, would rather just play DTM

BedWars: 6.5/10 A little more fun than SkyWars because the collective IQ of BedWars players is around 40, meaning you can smurf on everyone there

Prison: 3/10 I never played prison past the N mine, that's about when the feeling wears off, and it gets very boring

Anyway my opinions! Feel free to share yours as well as suggest other game mode ideas for me (and other people) to add and rate. :D

Project Ares: 10/10 variety of game modes and very very competitive. Some maps can be unbalanced but it’s fine

MCSG: 10/10 the era of mcsg before everyone was good with the rod was really fun glad mcsg is coming back!

ArenaPvP: 7/10 too many cheaters ruin the game but still it’s fun because can be competitive and climbing up elo is really fun

UHC: 10/10 basically combines every aspect of Minecraft. Vanilla is much better than scenarios tho

Skywars: 5/10 same than with arena pvp. This gamemode can be unbalanced in some servers but it’s mostly played by noobs so it’s cool to destroy noobs

KitPvP: 3/10 you play once in a afternoon and you get bored

Skyblock: 10/10 the possibilities with skyblock are the same than survival but it’s way cooler because it’s harder to obtain stuff now with the introduction of the wandering trader is much much better

HCF: 6/10 i get bored of this really easy

Mega Wall: 7/10 can be fun with friends

BedWars: 9/10 great for solo and team there can be cheaters but it’s really well balanced

Prison: never played iy

Project Ares: Public games are like a 7.5/10, Public games with friends 8.5/10, competitive are a 9/10. Most fun I've ever had online was in scrims and tourneys with friends. Great fun.

MCSG: 8/10 First server that I ever played on, I played quite a lot during 2012-14, lotta fun, especially when you have a group of 7 or so dicking around.

ArenaPvP: 8.5 I have always played a lot of Pot pvp in the past, starting 2013 until 2015, and now it's the thing I play most. Community fucking aids, especially the French. Ziblacking 100% brain dmg, and there's a lot of cheaters.

UHC: Never played it.

Skywars: 6/10, makes me think that Hypixel people have genuine brain damage.

KitPvP: 5.5/10 Pretty trash

Skyblock: The hypixel one sounds fun, I'll prob try it when I come home from holiday.

HCF: I never played it because none of my friends did, but I reckon that it's quite fun.

Mega Walls: 4/10 Pretty trash.

BedWars: 4.5/10 Pretty trash + hypixel brain dmg

Prison: 3/10 pretty trash

Project Ares: 9/10 cuz rage is a 1/10, 10/10 If rage didn't exist

MCSG: 6/10 too many teamers ruin the game for solo players

ArenaPvP: 6/10 funny but gets too repetitive

UHC: 7/10 funny but it depends a lot on how lucky you are

Skywars: 8/10 really fun, matches are short so you can play a lot on a short period of time

KitPvP: 6/10 bc i can't stand ks

Skyblock: 5/10 funny but there's no pvp so...

HCF: 3/10 boring

Mega Walls: 2/10 it's trash

BedWars: 8/10 one of the funniest gms out there

Prison: 5/10 it's fun enough but not that much

Project Ares: 9/10 the only gamemode that makes me keep playing minecraft, it's fun and you get to meet new people

MCSG: 5/10 it was very popular some years ago and it was fun back then but it's not entertaining for me anymore.

ArenaPvP: 1/10 it's boring + lots of people cheating

UHC: 8/10 I used to play a lot of UHC two years ago or so I think it's great because it mixes survival with PvP. I stopped playing it because a lot of the servers where I used to play closed :/

Skywars: 6/10 It's fine to play if you're bored, but that's it.

KitPvP: 1/10 the same as ArenaPvP

Skyblock: 6/10 well it depends, I don't really enjoy skyblock but there are some servers that offer a renewed Skyblock and it's fun, specially if you play with some friends

HCF: never played it

Mega Walls: never played it

BedWars: 7/10 It's really entertaining if you play with friends, but usually there are a bunch of people cheating in this gamemode.

Prison: 4/10 At first it's fun but after some weeks it gets boring.

Project Ares: 10/10, i think its the best minecraft gamemode, it has a lot of competitive potential and it really could be very big if people didnt take minecraft as a meme, and if mojang were to support the competitive aspect of mc, like any other company does for their game as an esport.

MCSG: 8/10 never played MCSG specifically too much, but survival games in general is a very fun concept imo

ArenaPvP: 7/10 great stuff, but can get pretty boring and stale

UHC: 6/10 good gamemode but depends too much on luck and for me it just ruins it a lil bit

Skywars: uhh like 6/10

KitPvP: 5/10 its boring after 10 minutes

Skyblock: 6/10 its good but i wont no life it

HCF: 6/10 for me, played one map in my life, didnt get to experience it too much. but it looks very good in videos, i guess i would of rated it differently if i played it more

Mega Walls: 9/10 its my first minigame ever, a lot of nostalgia. now it really sucks with all the new kits and cheaters and whatnot and yknow just generally how minecraft is, but it used to be the best thing

BedWars: 7/10

Prison: 3/10 gets boring quickly

"glad mcsg is coming back!"

care to explain

ill explain for him: mcsg is coming back

incredibly funny

could you elaborate