Forums

AMA Crazy

It's been a good few years since I did one of these. I figured I'm more involved with a bunch of different things now that it might be more interesting to answer questions than it was back in 2017.

So yea, hit me up with any questions. I'll get around to answering when I have a second.

opinioné

foot size

favorite brand cereal

thoughts on this world cup

hi whats up

When is Stu making an AMA?

Favorite and unfavorite part about sr mod?

are rrrrrretireds gonna play attack on point?

how is the builder experience?

What inspired the name?

Why don't you get hair like BT?

Which brother is more cool?

What is your favorite map and why?

What part of the mod team do you deal with or are you just there

Opinion

opinioné

I don't know you very well, but your one of the guys who when I see online reminds me of OCN, and all the good times.

foot size

8 and a half

favorite brand cereal

Cheerios are a pretty good all around type, fruit loops are pretty fun too, tho it tires quick

thoughts on this world cup

I'll be honest with you, I'm not follow the World Cup at all. I'm not much of a sports guy.

Haha yea I guess Stu would have to jump on the Sr ama train ;p

Favorite and unfavorite part about sr mod?

I'd say this is a really good question. On a server like Avicus, I would easily say that my least favourite part was dealing with the community's shit, but Stratus doesn't have anywhere close to as much drama as that. My favourite part, and what I appreciate most about Stratus's senior mod team is the overall feeling that everyone is capable and willing to do their jobs. It's allowed me to be a lot more lax in regards to the amount of effort I put in (which is great because I'm hella busy all the time), and I no longer feel like my time is being wasted like it was with Avicus. The least favourite part, and honestly it's because I'm swamped with summer classes and work this summer is that I feel like I'm not doing a whole lot, and that I had all these ideas of things I wanted to do that I still haven't gotten around to doing.

are rrrrrretireds gonna play attack on point?

Nah, we're not really a competitive team. We did that one mini event, but I mean who can say no to an event that's all about who can cannon best ;)

how is the builder experience?

It's actually really great. I got the rank through an interesting situation, and I know there would have been no way I could have gotten the rank otherwise. When I was promoted, I really didn't know a whole lot about XML (I had dabbled), and being able to use the MapDev server to test out the XML for random maps I find and decide to XML has taught me a lot. It's also allowed me to branch to new parts of the staff team, which is really awesome.

What inspired the name?

Crazy_? It's short for my old one 😉

But yea, ask a 12 year old to make some user name, and he'll pick a cringy after name that ofc has the word "creeper" in it.

Why don't you get hair like BT?

Imagine how much maintenance it needs to look good? No thank youuuuuuuu.

Which brother is more cool?

If he's the better twin I'm the cooler twin ;p

What is your favorite map and why?

I've always been a fan of Plus Side, it brings back memories of a simple time, playing a simpler game mode.

What part of the mod team do you deal with or are you just there

Mostly I'm just kinda there. The mod team isn't divided between Srs, we all manage it together. On Avicus, I dealt more so with Mentors, who dealt with the Juniors, so I was involved with a lot of moderator training and the creation of policies for the trials. I was also the "mod outreach" guy on Avicus, I ran a biweekly "get to know the staff" thread that would go on the forums.

Opinion

Before I got to know you better, and before I got more involved with Stratus, my opinion of you was that you were some memester who didn't take a whole lot seriously. I'm glad to see that that was the wrong opinion, and I really like that you're so interested in map making.

Let's be creative... opinion?

my opinion of you was that you were some memester who didn't take a whole lot seriously.

That's basically how I act but not really who I am. Actually do take a lot of stuff seriously. But are you sure that's a bad opinion?

make retireds play. you are the leader

opinion?

tea or coffee? iced or hot?

favorite color of skittles? what about starbursts?

dogs or cats?

if anything, what do you most regret about your time on ocn/stratus/avicus?

yo, how are you?

Favorite songs?

Would you recommend audiosurf 1 or 2?

What's something you'll never forget?

Goals in life?