Forums

Request to remove Western Port from the rot

This map is arguably one of the most boring and frustrating maps to play on. The limited number of blocks makes it difficult to start and advance skybridges throughout the game. To worsen this problem there are no additional chests to grab blocks from if you are looking to push sky or something. Secondly the wool rooms on this map are absolutely terrible. The gaping hole on the top allows enemies to shoot almost anywhere inside the room given that they have the dominant position. which is usually in most cases. This wouldn't be too bad and could be neat and different if it wasn't for the also atrocious loot inside the wool room. You are given gapples and a dia helm. The diamond helm does almost nothing in adding armor. Infact I'd go as far to say that it hurts the person wearing it because it identifies them as a wool carrier and thus puts a larger target on said person. I'd also have to complain how easy it is make defenses. This map has a fairly good pick combined with sandstone. This makes it pretty darn fast to make pits. Easy defense again isn't necessarily a bad thing but when combined with the other issues such as limited blocks and just one of the worst wool rooms it makes the whole situation a lot worse. I'd like to see this map either removed entirely or... a revampted wool room (mainly just better gear, maybe like bow with one enchant or something) and some chests with blocks added AT LEAST. I and many other people have expressed dislike in this map. I rest my case!

no it's amazing

for roleplaying and making a house :P

you wouldn't have enough blocks to build the house O_O

heyo ivan while your on the forum could you come on real quick and /end the current game of western port?

Better wool gear and more blocks would already do a lot

this needs to be done ASAP

Thanks for your feedback. Western Port has just been updated to reflect what you have suggested. If issues still persist with this map it will be up for consideration to be removed in the next rotation update.

The specific changes that were made are as follows:

• Better wool room design
    • There are still gaps in the roof, but very minimal compared to what they were previously
  • Better wool room gear
    • Bow (Infinity 1, Power 1), Diamond Chestplate, Golden Apple x8
  • Wool room bedrock barriers have been adjusted
  • Block chests in spawn
  • A small number of blocks are given as a kill reward
  • Efficiency has been removed from spawn tools
  • All tools and armour now have the unbreakable attribute