Forums

AMA - Vice

Hello! I'm Vice, also known as Palmidence or Seth. Like all good ideas, I have to steal them (so thanks to ALM for the idea of this thread's formatting!)

About Me:

I found OCN back in 2012, first participating in community days (before PGM was made.) I played on a friend's account, then forgot the server's existence until TheCampingRusher made a video on it. I promptly rejoined and since then have become a large part of the PvP community.

I played in my first tournament, Raiders of the Lost Wool, which was on 4/1/13. After this tournament, I became a referee for Goblet of Gamemodes then proceeded to referee (almost) every consecutive tournament up to the latest one on Stratus, Incrediwools! After almost 4 years of hard work, I was promoted to official for Stranger Cores but voluntarily took a referee position for the latest one.

In 2013, I involved myself in many projects, some of those being the Avalanche Network and MCZone. I built maps for MCZone, as well as moderated and learned XML for Avalanche Network, and started getting into mapmaking around this time. Some of my earliest maps have been lost forever, but the second map I ever created called CherrylandMC still exists on some servers to this day.

As I got back into the swing of things on OCN, exciting new features came out over the next few years as it seemed development was coming to a halt at times. My interest was renewed and I was dedicated to the server until I became staff on the Avicus Network.

During my time on the Avicus Network, I was almost every staff rank except Developer (I made it to Junior Developer at one point, though!) I was a controversial figure as an administrator and senior moderator, and there is a lot of drama that I regret. I would like to think that I've changed since then, especially due to the standards that Stratus has set forth.

At some point after all this, I started getting into web development and (now) I'm getting into plugin development, doing some things for Zildith, Equinox, and Warzone. I've taken Computer Programming this year, and as of now I've picked up CSS, HTML, HAML, and currently now Java completely due to Minecraft.

My life would be completely different if I hadn't found the Overcast Network, but my interests are completely different as to what I actually do. I'm interested in Journalism, Music Production, and am currently enrolled in both community college and high school pursuing a degree in Secondary Education and Educational Leadership in order to become a teacher, then administrator.

Overall, I've had pretty good luck and I've made a lot of great friends. I've missed a lot of other servers, but hopefully you'll forgive me! So, without further ado:

AMA!

ok this is epic

fav friend on stratus?

do I come in the top 5,20,15 or 20

opinion

what inspired you to play competitive (again I think)

fav friend on stratus? It's really hard to say, but I'd give honorable mentions to ALM , serendipidU , Epicness , Xuph , Eudaldca , Crazy_ , and BGMP .

do I come in the top 5,20,15 or 20 You're on the list, but I'd like to get closer. I've been trying to attend as many scrims as I possibly can so I can build a closer bond with the team, including you :)

opinion You're a really talented builder, and great to hang around with. You're pretty focused and really easy to talk to (emphasis on the latter.) It'd be cool if you spent as much time in the Stratus voice as you did the Rubber Ducks voice :)

what inspired you to play competitive (again I think) I think I've gotten tired of reffing after so long, and I want something that excites me. Playing competitive gets me excited, and I like having things that keep me motivated on Stratus. I don't think anyone wants to ref forever, but some people have to. I can't really imagine any event staff that hasn't wanted to play in a tournament before or haven't at least thought about it, especially after stressful tournaments. Bless their hearts for being so dedicated, they're truly underappreciated.

hi vice!!!

opinion

favorite color skittle?

tea or coffee?

pancakes or waffles?

milk or cereal first?

favorite song atm?

all time favorite album?

do u like pineapple pizza?

do u eat the pizza crust or leave it?

if u could visit anywhere where would u go?

to follow, what would you want to do/see?

favorite map?

favorite gamemode?

opinion You're one of my favorite people on the server, and I enjoy talking to you very much. I'm happy that I have you here :)

favorite color skittle? Yellow

tea or coffee? Depends on my mood, I like coffee but I'd usually rather overdose on Arizona Southern-Style Sweet Tea cans.

pancakes or waffles? Waffles

milk or cereal first? Cereal, what kind of heathen puts milk in first? That's asking to be cursed

favorite song atm? Plenty! John Denver's re-recording of Take Me Home, Country Roads is a great listen and much better than the original. I've also been listening to Terrible Tommy by Ryan Horne as well as Deadman's Gun by Ashtar Command (which was in the Red Dead Redemption soundtrack.) Those are the ones that have been on repeat in Spotify, at least!

all time favorite album? Where's the Revolution by Depeche Mode

do u like pineapple pizza? Nope, I've had it and didn't like it. Tried to give it a chance.

do u eat the pizza crust or leave it? It depends, if it's crunchy I refuse to eat it. If it's soft or filled, then I'll absolutely eat it.

if u could visit anywhere where would u go? Berlin, Moscow, or probably meet up with one of my eFriends in real life (but that's not realistic)

to follow, what would you want to do/see? A concert in Berlin would be pretty wild, but I've never been to a concert before. I'd also love to just eat some of the food and have a taste of their culture. As for Moscow, I'd spend most of my times traversing the city and taking pictures.

favorite map? My serious answer would still be Hemlock, so Hemlock. Defense on that map is so much fun once 15 minutes are passed and it was one of my favorite maps to build.

favorite gamemode? Capture the Flag or Team Deathmatch. It's a shame not many maps are created for it, because the simplest gamemodes have the most potential for development. Maybe I should take a crack at it sometime?

Hello old friend

what is your opinion of me?

Para mate! Always a pleasure talking with ya!

What do you want to accomplish while on the Stratus staff team?

How’d you come up with the names ViceWater/TechniColour and ParaSpider?

Opinions?

If you were an Admin on Stratus, what would you do first?

ParaSolstice?

I loved working with you on the team. It was close to heartbreaking to see you retire, since you were such a large part of it. I liked the communication we once had, but it seems we've both fallen out of touch. Don't be afraid to make some more trips over to the Stratus voice chats!

what made you decide to return to your position as a map developer

Onions?

Opinions?

Make a map with me sometime?

What do you think about that one server I’m senior mod on

Oh shoot?