Forums

Donors of Stratus, why do you donate? Non-donors, why don't you?

Personally, I've always been skeptical of spending money (1) on subscriptions and (2) in smaller communities or projects. Way back in ye olde 2017, I sifted $10 from my college textbook budget to get lifetime Strato and immediately loved it.

While still nominally against smaller communities, I quickly found out that nearly 14% of my average day is spent on the network. For such a hefty time investment, the money pales in comparison, and the decision to upgrade to Cirro quickly followed.

----------

I get that the target audience of this game doesn't typically have disposable income – so aside from that, what drew you in or made a red flag for you?

I don't donate because dollars are really valuable in my country, and these days you wouldnt want to spend dollars like this

Also, if I were to donate, most of the money would come from my dad's wallet. If I earned my own money and the server was actually promising, a server which I'd like to support because I have hopes on it, I'd may consider donate

The price is too high based on what theyre giving you

I figured i should buy a rank considering how much time I spend on here, since it's frustrating when teams are full and whatnot. I think the prices are fine. Although, as of now, getting more droplets is really not an incentive to buy a rank. I also think Cirro should have a slight more benefit, Alto and Cirro are practically the same.

Having a private server is very fun and useful, and not just for me, that helps others too.

I also love polling maps+mutations to change it up a bit, especially when a rotation hasn't been changed in a while. It gets tiring.

I understand not buying things if you don't have any money or would rather use it on other things though

When I wanted to donate to Minecraft servers, I never had the means.

Now that I have the means, I just don't play enough anymore to justify using any of the premium content.

i don't have a credit card or paypal

Back when the server was like 3-4 months old I wanted to support it even if it's just with a 10$ rank (my dad isn't a massive fan of spending money on mc)

And also because I wanted to be able to chose my team and teamswitch lol

I had enouogh dolalrs to get the cheapest rank and why not, this ocns legacy, even if i dont like some choices they made, i think they are going in the right directon

The price is too high based on what they're giving you in return.

Thank you for buying your server <3