Forums

(PoC) [CTCP, DTC, KoTF, CTW, DTM] Map Map v2.0

Most of you guys probably don't remember, but I attempted making a map with xCand back in the OCN days that incorporated every gamemode. Admittedly, I didn't know how XML worked back then to know that it was not possible to do that with every gamemode contributing to the ultimate winning of a team. However, now, with my godly XML skills, I have developed Map Map v2.0. This map requires all objectives to be chronologically (First capture the control point to be able to touch the core. The core of all your enemies must be destroyed for you to hold the flag. The flag gives you a flying kit where only then you can fly into the wool room. You cannot destroy the "clay flag" aka monument without capturing the wool) to present the team with a Victory Royale, as the kids call it nowadays. Since just-a-tiny-bit-like-hampton-2.0 is happening, removing some of the beloved versatility of PGM, I thought that now was the perfect time to show off a PoC (Proof of Concept) map that logically incorporates all the gamemodes. In the XML you'll see that some portions have been omitted simply because they are not compatible with each other. Scoring is not exclusive to gamemodes, as it is counted using the same system for TDM, flag scoring, and KoTH. Keep in mind that this again is a proof of concept. It's not meant to be played well.

XML

Album

Edit: If someone reminds me, I'll post a comment commentary for the XML describing what everything does. Only 476 lines, but nothing very repetitive.... this is going to suck.

ok this is epic ↑

I remember attempting to help write the xml for this

Xml genius my dude

Yep you were credited for your great work that got me into doing xml

how would this be implemented tho if their rewriting their code and stuff

Can I get a side of fries with my order