Forums

Future Tournament Roster Sizes?

Suggestion: slowly start reducing team sizes in tournaments until the tourney is 5v5 (or just go down to 5 straight away) i think 5v5 tournies would help comp a lot more, there would be a lot more teams (literally you could have 3 teams, with no subs just out of the 16 man roster for this tm) this would mean tournies would be more ranged and generally bigger, and as long as we stick to 5v5 for a while to come team will start staying together for longer and not do whats been happening at the moment where teams will form for one tm and thats it, and constantly changing the roster size forces teams to make cuts or look for new players quickly. Because after this tourney teams will have 16 players and then the roster will be down to 12 or 14 and we have to kick people. 5v5 maps are also usually quicker to make so we could have new maps for loads of tournies as well as the fact that 8v8 takes a lot more coordination as a team so its easier for teams to dominate and games not be fun to watch, and although i dont think we should minimise the skill gap till its non existent as that isnt a good idea but having 5v5 leaves a skill gap but also its a lot harder to be bad at 5v5 so games will be naturally closer leading to teams having to practise and not just turn up on the day and win. I think any objections would be people who dont like it because its not like OCN was or anything but i personally see more pros than cons. And if you actually read into what im saying it would improve comp as a whole instead of having this current layout where teams can turn up and just win (men for example last tm) not that there win was undeserved but they practised like 3 times and just showed up and 3-0 in the finals there was like no competition really so hopefully this idea would change this.

good idea shit server to do it on considering no one likes 5v5 on here

5v5 was tried on both OCN and badlion and is just substantially more boring than 7v7+, you smoking something or what bro