Forums

Private Servers Restarting

Hello, I wanted to report a bug of private servers. I no longer have one, but this is even more annoying for me than if I hadn't one.

From time to time, private servers try to restart automatically, as it is usual. I know it is good for them to restart, but, in some cases, you don't want it to restart because the owner isn't online or some other reasons. (I think) the ops should be able to /cancel and /cycle another map. However, with /cancel and after /cycle time map, the server cycles to another map and then instantly restarts.

This usually happen when someone who isn't the owner has op and is hosting scrimmages. As it is obvious, when this happens, people start blaming the one with op (xD) and he in fact didn't do anything bad.

Maybe the /cycle command is meant to restart anyways if the server wants to, even if you had cancelled. In that case, I would like to know what command we should use.

Thanks for reading.

The right way to cancel a queued restart on a server (whether it's automatic or not) is by using the /postponerestart command. Perhaps private server owners may've not been granted this permission, but I'm not quite sure what kind of perms they actually get whatsoever.