Forums

[DTM] Derelinquo (Micro)

Banner

I made this map back in 2013, but it was too small then, so I never released it. Now that we are looking for 5v5 maps, I thought I may as well bring it out.

Overview

In this map, you spawn with stone/leather gear. Iron blocks are spread across the map, along with four iron block spawners, two in the back corners of each side. These spawners can be destroyed, but enough iron blocks are available this shouldn't be too important. There are three diamond blocks spread across mid, along with two diamond spawners which spawn a single diamond every 3 seconds. The diamond spawners cannot be destroyed.

The monument is a single block of obsidian, straight out of spawn, fairly close to the middle.

Annotated overview

Every time I try to prune the chunks out MC Edit crashes, and I also don't have anywhere to test XML, so XML and downloads aren't available yet.

Albums, though, are much easier, so here are some more screenshots.

Thanks!

I think monuments are too close

In terms of spawn kits, I'd buff up the leather kit a little bit and give players iron swords. Maps with iron usually default to having an iron sword already.

Gratz on trial dev

The map might work, but not for Micro. I think it's probably more like 10v10 imo.

Looks a bit big for 5v5

Thank you everyone for the feedback!

Matilaina

You're probably right. I'm hoping that the wider gap in front of the monument will slow people down. Otherwise, I'll move it further away.

Jexel

Makes sense, will do.

S3xyMuffin_

Thanks!

Xerocoles

, slayersource 
That makes sense. I'd imagine we could figure out an exact number if the map is tested.

Thanks again! I'll try to get some XML along in a bit.