Forums

[DTC - TE] CityOrion

CityOrion

This map, by mrcookie_13 and duckrider455, is the future of stratus competitive PVP DTC. It incorporates never-before-seen map technology that prevents easy watering and water-wall meta. It also strategically places the core on a separate island so it is easier to leak. We are bringing the core back to destroy the core.

The yellow building has supplies, while the red/blue building has some supplies and the monument on top. This layout should create a nice spread of players across the map providing multiple places for offenders to attack. The initial bridge to the core island is very volatile--as it is primed with TNT ready to be exploded. We foresee teams making their own fortified bridge to the core island. The buildings themselves are indented and have lots of depth, so watering the buildings is not a simple task, because there are many air pockets to be filled. If you are a cannoner, you will love this map. Diamond supplies are scattered throughout the red/blue building and in the tunnel network underground. The underground tunnel network is a tip-of-the-hat to classic DTC maps which include multi-level gameplay. We look forward to seeing teams play this map. Feedback appreciated.
Imgur link: https://imgur.com/a/wR0nyhJ

Edit 1:
Better pictures: https://imgur.com/a/i0Tujwb

CityOrion doesn't look clean tbh for a name

Orion's City or City of Orion would be better

I don’t really see why the map is making things harder to waterwall, or making the core “easier to leak”.

Because that is the meta that sucks. Cores are unleakable. And all of dtc is who can water faster or build water walls faster. And that sucks

Probs he meant how the map is doing all of that, which it doesnt. You can still do waterwalls everywhere

So you’re making it harder to waterwall ?_? Wouldn’t that make it even harder on the meta? That’s just promoting cannoning rushes and discourages making an actual infrastructure. Cores aren’t meant to be easily leaked, but moving it to the opposite side of the map is too much.

Well imo cannons are more fun and strategic than filling a base with waterwalls, the waterwall meta right now is trash

Then you’re just trading hits and trashing the entire map

Trading hits? I dont understand you. You mean trading cannon shoots?

waterwall meta sucks. In order to water wall the red building I think it was 30x40 or something. That’s a huge waterwall. On other maps, almost instantaneous watering has been another issue, so to combat that, we made the buildings protrude out a block for each level gone upwards. There are also air pockets instead of a flat surface. You cannot water the building well by placing a source at the top and letting it fall down the front. That does almost 0 help.

The core is on a separate island because at the moment we are shying away from cores. They are to hard to leak. Most games between competent teams end in a monument destroyed and a touch on the core. I think strange made a good post about cores and watering stuff last year

Basically we wanted to make a more cannon heavy map, because the waterwall and water everything meta on nearly every map sucks