Forums

[Micro DTC] The Bug

[Micro DTC] The Bug

Author: _shrp 

Contributor: BGMP  -> XML fix and polish

map overview

4v4 (max overfill 5v5) DTC for the smallest rotation.

Golden apple, a few blocks and arrows as a kill reward, then every 5 kills streak an auto-ignite TNT is given as well.

Packaged download

Imgur album

XML

the layout looks cool and interesting, don't know how it might play, the aesthetics are good besides the prismarine.

First things I see, is it looks a bit like Verlate. By no means a direct copy, but similar. Also, it's not 1.7 friendly at all. The Prismarine will look like mossy stone, the dark oak will look like oak, and the diorite will look like stone. That being said it looks good in post 1.7. Gameplay looks good, only concerns are being really cramped at a full 4v4/5v5, maybe taking too long to go from spawn to your own core and consisering you dont spawn facing towards it. Gold area looks pretty nice.

If 1.7 players want to play in 1.7 for 'bigger hitboxes' they cant expect map makers to build with blocks that only pertain to 1.7

Thanks!

As for how it plays I plan on submitting it to the contest after I get some feedback here, so hopefully it will be tested.

What would you swap the prismarine with?

Thanks for the feedback!

I tried to make it small to make sure players encounter each other since it is intended for a very low player count. The map design is so that players from the defending team have faster access to their core, but they need to bridge that gap (it is buildable, so you do spawn facing towards it).

As for the 1.7 thing, I gotta say I didn't think about it at all (these blocks have been in the game since 2014 lol). I don't think I'll be changing them for this reason.

And you are completely right that it looks like Verlate, I took inspiration from Verdant Corridors and Verlate's colour palettes because I think they look beautiful haha.

Updates ##

Major ###

1. Core has been changed from obsidian to gold. Subsequently, gold core mode has been changed to glass core mode, and the diamond pickaxe from the inventory is now a stone pickaxe.
  2. Instead of crafting armor, breaking one gold block from spawn will fully equip you with a gold armor.

Minor ####

1. XML fixes
  2. Small aesthetic changes

I added them to the post above as well, but here are the new album, XML and finally a packaged download as well.