Forums

Ban Evasion Bans

Why are ban evasion bans unappealable whatever the circumstances?

I genuinely cannot think of why since it isn't exactly a detriment to the server having them unbanned?

yeah... sorry banj...

welcome back banjo

fuck you broooooo, Max was gonna play on ShennyK

sorry man hfisk aint gonna play no more

When we ban for ban evasion, the ban is also the punishment. Let me use an example to better explain myself:

Imagine that Alice gets temp banned, ban evades, and after the (extended) ban on her main account expires, she gets her alternate unbanned. Part of the punishment for having used an alternate account is having the alternate banned.

Imagine this other example: Alice shares her alternate account with Bob, Bob ban evades with it, Alice changes the password and appeals the ban. We think this other situation does not warrant the ban being expired, for the following reasons:

• The punishment for having used an account to ban evade is not being able to use that account again.
  • Alice is responsible for all activity which happens on her account(s), as per our terms of service, §A5:

You are responsible for all Content posted and activity that occurs under your account (even when Content is posted by others who have accounts under your account).

• We cannot know for sure if the account is really secure. More often that we'd like we spend a significant amount of time gathering and making sense of evidence to connect two ban evading accounts. We won't spend more time than necessary, if the purpose is that a user has an extra account they can play on.

Further expanding my last point, we will spend all time that is required to handle an appeal to let a user potentially play again. However, if they already have a main account they can play on, we don't consider it's worth our time handling the type of appeals I've mentioned. For this reason, and to make it fair for everyone, we (mostly) do not expire ban evasion bans, with the very occasional exception that a user has lost access to their main account.

How u dare.......................

if only m00n was unbanned ;---;