Forums

Far Fetched ~ 36v36 CTW

Sup, here's my latest map. It's a Mammoth CTW featuring three wools per team. There's iron underneath spawn. In order to reach the back wool, you must enter from either side and bridge up to it. For defenders, though, you just go upstairs out of spawn and take the bridge back. This way they don't have to walk all the way around and bridge. Mid is one big island, but split into three different areas. There's also a mini tunnel network at mid. This map more or less has 5 different lanes, with decently big void gaps to counter that. This also features 35 unique tree designs (110 total trees) that results in attacking via treetops being possible, in addition to the tower ramparts.

If you've got any feedback/suggestions then let me know please, I'd love to hear! I'll be making the xml and submitting tomorrow, (most likely) so I'm willing to edit things before then if you've got good points. Also lmk if you have a better wool room idea for the side wool rooms. Anyways, take a look :D

Imgur Link
https://imgur.com/a/AlEvLTd

Also the name is a pun cause you're fetching far wools hehe

Bird's Eye View

and here we all thought there was going to be pokemon on the map

lol i forgot that was a thing

Not related to the design of the map but remember to add gap kill rewards 😊

cool map

yep, it'll be there

There's a lot of cover on the map for offenders to use to not catch incoming players attention. That's mostly due to the raised stone bridges and the pillars that come from it.

If you're only going to have ladders going up to the top layer, I feel like most people will take the bottom ground path when exiting spawn. If you had a staircase there I feel like people would be more inclined to split. Basically if you want this high ground/low ground split on your side, you need to make sure players properly balance out so offenders don't always choose the spot where nobody ever checks because boy do offenders have a bunch of ways to play offense here.

I don't understand how you defend those side wool rooms when you can actually tunnel your way through everything. It's gonna take a while to make a pit and even then it won't do much because it will just reach the ground level of the normal lane. I also don't see a point in defending the back wool's border. Instead it'd be more useful to just bow down the void gaps because let's be honest, you're likely not going to win the fight on the ground against people with wool gear anyway so you may as well take the fight to a forced void gap jump.

Mid looks like a lot of fun though.