Map Policy ¶
The policy regarding Map Submissions and the rights you, the map author, and Stratus over the map have been implied but never explicitly written. This post aims to make it explicitly clear what can and can’t be done with your map after you submit it to Stratus in order to avoid any confusion.
The following definitions are used in the Agreement:
- "Agreement" means the arrangement between "you" and "Stratus";
- "We" or "Stratus" means Stratus Network;
- "You" means the persons submitting the Map and the persons listed in the map’s XML as an author;
- "Map" refers to the Minecraft level (including, but not limited to, the level.dat and Minecraft region files), the map.png file, and the map.xml document.
- "Map likeness" refers to the look, feel, and mechanics of the map.
- "Submitting" refers to posting your map on the Stratus forums or providing the map to Stratus staff in any form.
By submitting your map to Stratus, You agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Eligibility. You may only submit maps to Stratus for which you have created yourself. Any maps created by another persons must be submitted by those persons.
- Usage of the Map. You acknowledge and agree that Stratus may use the map or map likeness as is or modified in an unrestricted manner. This includes, but is not limited to, usage on game servers, in promotional materials, or in Stratus’ social media channels. Stratus will never provide the Minecraft level files of the map to any persons outside of the Stratus staff and the specified map authors.
- Permissions Granted. You hereby grant to Stratus non-exclusive rights to (a) modify, adapt, and create derivative works of the map, in whole or in part. You also grant Stratus rights to use the map on our game servers.
- Communications. Stratus is not obligated to inform You of any use of the map or changes made to the map at any point.
- Changes to Agreement. We reserve the right to change any of the terms of this agreement at any time at our discretion. Once you have submitted the map, you cannot revoke the rights granted to Stratus to use the map in the agreed upon way.
These terms are only applicable to maps submitted to Stratus Network after Friday the 6th of September, 2019.