Forums

Old OCN maps

Hey sorry, I'm not really active here but is there a rotation of old OCN maps?
I loved those mini maps back in the day, Sunrise over Paradise, Desert Cataract and all that good stuff.
100-person Nile.. oh damn.

If there's not, an OCN rotation could bring back some players if advertised right I guess.. considering this server gets 0 online players every now and then.

Just under half of the maps currently in rotation are from Overcast. These are generally more concentrated in the larger rotations, such as Mega and Mammoth, rather than the smaller ones mainly because Stratus maps are typically smaller than those created for Overcast. There is no dedicated Overcast rotation, and I could think of a few reasons why it wouldn't make sense for us to do one. Sunrise over Paradise is currently in our Medium rotation, however, Desert Cataract and The Nile are not. You can see the current rotation here.

Instead of dedicating a rotation to Overcast maps, occasionally we have weekend events where only Overcast Network maps are set. Having them be somewhat exclusive generates more excitement I feel rather than having, dare I say, dated maps in rotation. Almost every weekend, majjus_  also does a Set Next Sunday event using various old Overcast and Community Days maps.

Discussion for the next rotation update started just last week. If you have particular suggestions for us, feel free to voice them in this thread.

Thanks for the info, looks like I’m jumping on, on the weekends :)

Ballon archipielago ?)