Forums

How do you remember...?

Hi guys!

Recently, I was talking about how was to play in Overcast, as a little background, I've been playing this gamemode since October 2014. I got nostalgic about it thinking about all the good moments that I had playing at Overcast. I even remember pretty well when Overcast changed to Lifeboat and the later closure of that server.

I wasn't here when everything started, and I mean about both Overcast and Stratus. So, I would like you to share how do you remember Overcast/Lifeboat or the beginning of Stratus!

Started playing in July of 2013, I came from a ChimeySwift11 Ghost Squadron video. I played that for a little bit, but then instantly when to RAGE which I played for the remainder of the server. I played a couple of tourneys but never did well, streamed some tourneys, met some cool people etc... Too many memories to succinctly convey. I made 13 RAGE Montages on the network, in the hopes I could fulfill my then dream of being a Minecraft YouTuber.

When OCN announced they were shutting down, I download Cardinal PGM and tried to make my own server. It was pretty bad, but honestly not terrible, for the age/development experience I had at the time. When Lifeboat said they were taking over I was obvious happy but I didn't really trust them, it seemed too good to be true. Since they were also shutting down more and more servers, I started playing other gamemodes more, like Badlion and UHC. OCN officially shut down, with Survival Games and Skywars and all that garbage, I was introduced to Stratus by amactus.

Some time in January 2017 I started playing the network, it still had the shinycraft ip, although it was known as Stratus. I made the first montage on the network, which was pretty bad, and is a testament to how much the server has honestly improved. Stratus is definitely more than an OCN clone at this point and they are trying to the best of their ability to gain as many players as the server can handle. OA looks promising, so hopefully that leads to continual improvement as well.

Overall I think Stratus gets a lot of shit they don't deserve, everybody holds OCN at this S tier standard, which I don't disagree with. However, since peak OCN was 5-6 years ago, most people's lives were completely different. No responsibilities, no stress, no financial problems, etc... That is the real reason why OCN is such a perfect server in people's minds, it's less the server itself and more of people's surroundings.

when ocn first started one of my irl friends told me to get on and we both started blowing up everything on airship battles or skytraffic and he got banned so I stopped and a few months later a guy called xclafx told me to play on it again and I played until the end of that server, stratus I logged into at the beginning I think to see what it was like but it wasn't as fun for me so I quit playing for 2 years played a mini event in there somewhere that just was awful because our team was the worst at the game good moments that I had would have been winning age of ares and playing the tournaments following with tribal and yirang gg