Forums

Stratus Status #4, 2018-10-08

Hello everyone! Welcome to the fourth issue of Stratus Status, the official biweekly newsletter. Are you interested in recent network changes and what the community has been up to? If so, read on to stay up to date about all things Stratus!

Halloween Apocalypse Event

The next Halloween Apocalypse approaches... the network will be hosting an advent calendar from the 11th of October to the 4th of November, in celebration of the spooky season. To view the full calendar, check out the thread here!

The apocalypse will include fun things like a new lobby, scavenger hunt, map events, a rotation update, and even events for two gamemodes that previously went unplayed. There also may be more surprises not listed throughout the course of the Halloween Apocalypse. Stay tuned to find out!

Development News

Aside from other work behind the scenes, UHC has had some additions, which will be tested during the next few days. The new features are:

• players drop a number of golden apples upon death, which is proportional to the number they've eaten, but not in a one-to-one ratio;

• XP drops upon death proportional to how long match was running;

• enchanting and combining is now more expensive for diamond tools and armour.

Once these modules have been tested, we plan on adding a few more, and once testing concludes, Stratus UHC 1.1 will be released. Make sure you play in the next scheduled matches!

New Maps

In the past two weeks, the following maps were added:

Staff News

• ALM

stepped down from his role as a developer.

• Despite not having a website badge for now, sslumper , Nixani , Sharkskill  and Xuph  have been promoted to tournament builders. Congratulations!

Community Spotlight

nixter1029

and the ResourcePile team would like to know what your longest bow shot is! They're compiling the current & top bow records, and you can shoot your shot here!

Biweekly Question

In the last issue, we heard your responses! There's a lot of maps that are loved by all different backgrounds by the community.

However, we want to know something new this week: how could UHC on the Stratus Network be improved? Leave your response in the posts below!

That's all for this time!

Thanks for reading this week's issue. See you all next time!

A full list of past issues can be found on our profile page, and if you have any feedback about Stratus Status please let us know below.

I would definitely like seing more fun modules, looking forward to see what Shiny comes up with!

Add more gamemodes to the UHC's you guys usually host - CutClean and a few others like PortalDoor are just getting too stale and although you guys are testing newer ones, try to bring back some old ones from Reddit or something related to it. I do have 2 gamemodes to add though if you guys are interested.

1. Jackpot - This gamemodes was used a lot during 2014 - 2015 UHCs (I'm pretty sure, if not I am sorry.) It basically starts whenever PvP is enabled - There is a scoreboard of how many diamonds and gold can be obtained after 1 kill. For instance - every 45 seconds, 1 gold is added to the scoreboard for someone to obtain, while 1 diamond can be obtained every 1 minute and 30 seconds and so on - It could start 5 minutes before PvP at some times whenever there's a large amount of people in the game.
    (Edit, as soon as someone gets a kill, that person will obtain the x amount of gold and diamonds shown up at the scoreboard)

1. This one I do not know the name, but I guess I could call it Miner Alerts LOL. - This gamemodes basically broadcast whenever you mined an ore, specifically gold and diamonds. Whenever you mine the ore, it'll broadcast the coordinates of that ore of where you mined out globally, that way Players can easily find others through simple alerts like that. Makes the game fast paced and also makes you feel determined to leave the current cave or stay.

I don't play uhc but two things for stratus overall are fix the skin/cape visual glitch and make a stratus survival/towny server. That would draw in a big crowd which can migrate from the survival side to pvp just by using /server mixed, even if it didn't draw people into the mixed side of things there would still be numbers on the stratus network.

Can’t wait for the new admins!

1. *If I dont put 1

1. And 2, it puts 1 and 2 automatically *

1. Moles. Pretty famous, shouldnt explain tbh

1. Fower Power. Same, fun as hell

1. Gone fishing. Really basic, shouldnt take much development to do, if it takes some. /give's should do the work

1. Speed UHC. You guys are already working on it (?)

1. Nether in the overworld. Epicube had this on its speed uhc. Basically theres a chance for a big square of "nether" to spawn inside caves. Inside there is nether fort's loot, and some blaze spawners. Can be used as a workaround for the lack of nether due to PGM

damn that community spotlight is sad

We have Flower Power & Gone Fishing. As for Speed UHC, it's going to probably take more than just me to get it working and I still need clearance from the admins. It hasn't yet made it out of the planning stages.

Add a point system. So like, you kill someone, you get a point. Then you can do /shop to spend your points on something useful. That way people actually have an incentive to crawl out of their holes and try to kill people instead of being afraid of getting cleaned up since they chugged all their gaps. Maybe also make it so that emeralds can be exchanged for points or something, or have a new scenario that gives you a list of tasks that can give you a point, like “make a cake” or something that normally wouldn’t benefit you much but is hard to do. Also maybe add a multiplier, so like if you get 5 kills you get a 2x multiplier for your points or something.