Forums

Stratus Status #3, 2018-09-24

Hello everyone! Welcome to the third issue of Stratus Status, the official biweekly newsletter. Are you interested in recent network changes and what the community has been up to? If so, read on to stay up to date about all things Stratus!

Development News

While there hasn't been much news in terms of development, a few things are worth mentioning:

• ALM

released an update to the play page on the website, which improved its design and features. More details here.

• We have completed SportPaper, which is similar to SportBukkit, and aims to make development much more convenient. A big thank you to cs_  for completing this project! You can browse through the patches or contribute here.

New Maps

In the past two weeks, the following maps were added:

Staff News

Community Spotlight

• auze

's Hunger Games events are gaining popularity, and this one is quite interesting, as its host was one of the first people to die... Take a look at how the events unfolded.

• edwurd

wants to know what your favourite music album is. Check out his thread and to know more about the community's taste in music!

Interview - Hypixel Wool Hunt

We are happy to introduce the interview section, a new regular segment of Stratus Status. Here we will often invite one member of the community to answer personal questions related to their experiences in the community. Other times, like in this issue, we will feature more topical interviews, where we ask a panel of community members questions about a certain relevant subject.

For this week's issue, we had the opportunity to talk to our newest developer, ALM ; Stratus senior mod and long time community member, Crazy_ , and from the Hypixel side, wuop , who has previously ranked top 100 in overall Hypixel stats.

We asked them about Hypixel's newest wool-centric gamemode, and its implications for Stratus. "Wool Run" as it's called, is Hypixel's take on PGM-style Capture the Wool. The game clearly has a Hypixel flavor to it, as it uses classes, in-game currency, and denies players the ability to break any part of the map. However, the gamemode does obviously take influence from PGM - the concepts of void gaps, two wool per side layouts, and attacker-only wool rooms should be familiar to every Stratus player. With Hypixel’s track record of developing incredibly popular gamemodes, the Stratus community is watching closely to see what opportunities this might bring us.

You can read the interview here

Biweekly Question

Thanks for telling us how you got to know Stratus! We can certainly say that we come from a bunch of places. You can check what everyone said in our previous issue.

This week's question is the following: what is your favourite map and why? Let us know below!

That's all for this time!

Thanks for reading this week's issue. See you all next time!

A full list of past issues can be found on our profile page, and if you have any feedback about Stratus Status please let us know below.

woah!!

My favorite map would probably have to be either plus side or blockrage, but supercube and enthral are also close. I really enjoy rage, but I used to spend a lot of time playing CTF and always enjoyed enthral when it was set.

my favourite map is mench

sup shaun, whats ur favourite map dude

any map where im playing with my best firneds itscal weabooo and duyo

ur such a sweetie :blush:

My favorite map is Fractal Descent because it's the best map to cannon in my opinion. SSB is almost my top favorite one.

SSB obviously best map ever.

Welcome to wool square :)