Forums

Stratus Status #2, 2018-09-10

Hello everyone! Welcome to the second issue of Stratus Status, the official biweekly newsletter. Are you interested in recent network changes and what the community has been up to? If so, read on to stay up to date about all things Stratus!

Prime Time

This past Saturday, Stratus hosted its first ever Prime Time event. Night Doobers ultimately defeated Praetorians by a score of 3-2 in a 5-game series of Conquest maps. Night Doobers took the first 2 maps, looking dominant on Nartica and winning a close one on Desert Sanctuary. Praetorians came back on Harb, with Wh3p  getting a kill to break the 0-0 tie with just over a minute left. Night Doobers came out on top again on Ascendance to clinch the series win. Limbo 2 was still worth watching though - Praetorians won a nail-biter by just 8 points!

You can watch the full games on StratusMC in English, or on vYuri's channel in Spanish. Congratulations to Night Doobers, who will be awarded with the first ever Prime Time Champion trophy!

Prime Times are unique, one-off events in which a group of competitive Stratus players are invited to compete. The Event Team hopes to make these events a staple of Stratus and plans to stream them regularly on our Twitch. Our hope is that this will help new players discover our competitive gamemodes, and boost Stratus' competitive scene. Let us know in the replies if you have any ideas for future Prime Times!

Development News

The developers have gathered all of the suggestions for the new death message screens! The new death messages will be announced over the next few weeks. If your suggestion made the list, you may receive a prize!

Check out the thread here!

New Maps

Over the past two weeks, the following maps were added:

Public Maps

Primetime Maps

The map developers have released Rotation Update 16.1 and a new lobby! An overview of the changes can be viewed here in the Data repo, and the new lobby can be viewed by connecting to play.stratus.network!

Additionally, the map developers have been going through all maps currently in the rotation in order to remove Punch I bows from them. If you see any maps that have punch bows in them, please notify the map devs!

Staff News

Applications for moderator have also closed! The next batch of moderators will come soon and be announced by the next newsletter. Thank you to everyone who applied!

Community Spotlight

Everyone has a few old maps they're nostalgic about. Take a trip down memory lane in the "Old Maps" thread by Rockaror  for a dose of PGM nostalgia!

Dhax

wants to know whether a curved monitor is worth the cost. What do you think?

Defending Corner

We only got one submission, but we still think it was a nice and well-themed defence for the map. It was made by itscal , PhantomOrion , Chaselic204  and others. Link

Since only one defence was submitted, we will be discontinuing this section. We hope we can re-add it at some point in the future. If you have any ideas for a new section, let us know in the comments below.

Biweekly Question

Thank you for your votes on the first newsletter! We have compiled the votes and have determined that Team Rift won with Team Blitz in second place! Congratulations to teams Rift and Blitz! The Rift event will happen next Saturday with the next event occurring at a later date. Stay tuned for threads with more information.

Today's question is a simple one: How did you find out about the Stratus Network? Let us know by posting in the thread.

That's all for this time!

Thanks for reading this week's issue. See you all next time!

A full list of past issues can be found on our profile page, and if you have any feedback about Stratus Status please let us know below.

I came from overcast

Prime Time was solid, thanks for playing/watching everyone! :+1:

Came over from OCN as well.

Let's do Play of the week instead of the defender thing now that it's being discontinued 😊

O C N

I came from OCN. I found Stratus in oc.tc webpage. If you hadn't shown your server there, I would have found it through old OCN friends 2 or 3 weeks later.

I agree with lvan lets do play of the week

i agree with ivan

Unbanlerry shit player

lets do MENCH OF THE WEEK instead of defence