Forums

Stratus Status #23, 2019-07-08

Hello everyone! Welcome to the twenty-third issue of Stratus Status, the official biweekly newsletter. Are you interested in recent network changes and what the community has been up to? If so, read on to get up-to-date about all things Stratus!

WOOL-E Finals

On Sunday the 30th of June, the finals of Stratus' sixth tournament, WOOL-E were played. Congratulations to Adventure Club on winning! You can view the individual match results here.

Stay on the lookout for an announcement about the next event by joining the events Discord.

Ranked Season 2

The second season of Stratus Ranked has begun! It includes a better scoring system, new maps, and more! Check out amactus ' post here. To celebrate, a private server giveaway on Twitter is being hosted, click here to participate. You can also join the Ranked Discord here.

Operation Ares Open Beta

Since a week ago, the 1st of July, Operation Ares is now in an open beta. This means that multiple tests will be hosted each week, which will last until mid August. Don't forget to check out ALM 's thread, it has a lot more info than we can fit here, read it here.

Development News

During the past two weeks Operation Ares has received a significant number of updates. However, most of this work was done on the backend. These are the changes you will see:

• XP levels now save when re-logging in UHC

• Scattering was fixed, and now players are given blindness during it

• KotH/5CP has been finalised, and is now available on the test server

New Maps

Over the past two weeks, only one map was added to the public servers:

Starting next newsletter, we will be listing all of the maps that are added to Operation Ares. We recently announced the closure of PGM map submissions; read the post here. Maps from PGM are now considered legacy, and will no longer be updated.

Staff News

Applications for livestreamer have opened and will be open until the 4th of August. Check out Poseidons ' thread for more information on how to apply.

Community Spotlight

As WOOL-E comes to a close, Heldius  wants to know which two players of the same team excelled this tournament. Check out his thread and comment who you thought was a break-out player here.

Who doesn't want to learn the fundamentals of one of our most core gamemodes, Capture the Wool? Whether you're a regular or new player, Mattato  has you covered with his series on how it should be played. Check out his thread!

Admin Corner

In celebration of Operation Ares, we are currently hosting a Summer Sale in our store for 15% off ranks, 25% off tokens, & 10% off PGM servers! Check it out now at https://stratus.network/shop.

Biweekly Question

As an extension of our previous thread: What new gamemode would you like to see most in Operation Ares? If your answer is detailed enough, it might get your gamemode added and possibly a reward!

That's all for this time!

Thanks for reading this week's issue. See you all next time!

A full list of past issues can be found on our profile page, and if you have any feedback about Stratus Status please let us know below.

I am DeltaDragon222 this is my other account

I'd love to see Badlion's Bedwars back. Exactly the same map and the same rules (Bo5, 1v1 & 2v2, spawnkit, central bridge and lateral walls, etc.). If you finally take this into consideration, I think I could tell you about the size of the maps and some little details. There are videos in Youtube, too. My idea was adding it as another map, but for 1v1, something like Cannon Duel, and add it to private servers.

Also, maybe adding a couple of maps of Hypixel's 4v4v4v4 Bedwars wouldn't be a bad idea. It has some similarities to our gamemodes.

Furthermore, I'd like to see The Towers. I know some other people that also want it. It's a scorebox game in which two teams compete to score 10 points. There must be plenty of videos in Youtube.

I'd love to see Gold Rush. Mine a renewable source (or limited supply) of gold from the enemy team's base, and run back to your team's side and redeem it for points. Gold is worth 5 points, diamonds worth 10, emerald worth 20. It combines an old Avicus game idea with a points scoring system from the (now defunct) AthenaMC.

As a bonus, the current public CTW model is outdated and needs an update to make it more user-friendly. One of the hardest things to do as a new player when playing is find the wool room and adapt to the hundreds of maps in the repository. My solution is also an AthenaMC one; the wool should drop from the sky (like the anvil spawner on War Wars) in each wool room, into a certain region where it can be mined. This way, it takes a mining concept from other games to "case" the objective and collect it and allows new players to see where the wool is. This could be easy to add in Operation Ares with the new facets.

badlion's bedwars